(as always, click each picture for a bigger version)
Saturday:
I woke up at 4:30 with a bad headache, something I've not had in years. I thought it was from sleeping on too many pillows so I did some gentle neck stretches and went back to sleep. At 6, I realized it was probably a weather-related headache so Mark brought me some Advil. I didn't wake up again til 10:40 but I'm still tired.
Now I'm puttering around the house and hanging out with the girls. Mark is helping a friend rewire a boat motor and Ryan is working. We're going to make homemade pizza pockets for dinner.
Friday:
I paid $4 for a 12-inch mixing bowl from Marshall Pottery at Hope's Closet that sells for around $38 on eBay. Mine is probably not real old. It has a hairline crack in it so I might plant some cactus in it or use it for popcorn or something. Tibert loves it! I also found a copy of the South Beach Diet, an awesome BHG Crochet and Knit pattern book and 7 acrylic catfood bowls from Fancy Feast. Apparently we got a great deal on the bowls, they are selling for $6-7 on eBay and we paid 99 cents each! Sarah feeds the cats, then collects and washes the bowls out in the bathroom sink.
Thursday:
Homeschool park day at White Oak City Park. Had about 40 kids, it was wild!!! These aren't pictures from this Thursday, I took them on our last outing there after most of the group had gone. Its a great park because its completely fenced in and the kids can go back and forth from the play structure to the spray pad. We've got it in our rotation.
Tuesday:
You know how my Wednesday went.
Sarah's birthday was May 11th but we waited a week to get her bike because of our trip to Ft. Worth. She picked it out and just loves it!
Monday:
We finally gathered up as many of the pickerel frogs from the pool as possible and took them to a local park with a creek for release. Of course when we came home there were at least 20 more still around.
The ones on their backs weren't dead, just out of sorts. When Amy poured the bucket out we used sticks to turn them right-side-up and they were fine.
We also took the girl piggies outside when we cleaned their cage. They were not real sure about the great outdoors but came around when they figured out the grass was edible! They are called pigs for a reason!!
Guess that's about it. Now you know why I haven't blogged much lately! Things sure do get busy around here sometimes. Now its about to rain and I'll have to fetch Ryan from work soon. He put in many, many hours this past week.
Enjoy the long weekend everyone!!

3 comments:
Kitty in a bowl, so cute.
Did you COUNT all those tiny frogs??? That A LOT of frogs!!!
Um, no we didn't count them but I'm guessing a good 300-400 frogs!! I tell ya, my squatting muscles were hurting the day after we scooped them up out of the pool!!
That wore me out just reading about all that!
There is an unused pool in the yard adjacent to ours, and there are some noisy frogs in there. (I don't mind the frogs, it's the mosquitos that are pesky!)
Kel
Post a Comment