Friday, May 1, 2009

Because I'm missing the gene....

That allows me to follow rules I will be doing the One a Day 9-patch-along one day a week and not every day. Tomorrow is my day and since I'm going to try and do two quilts(I think), I'll be making 14 9-patches! That's a LOT for me in one day. Hope I can handle it. I will probably also use a different setting than the sashing she has but I'm not sure yet.

In other news...










We went here yesterday and had a blast! It was chilly and the wind was fierce but the kids didn't seem to mind at all. They bounced back and forth from the spray pad to the playground thing and wore themselves out. We arrived at 10:30 and stayed til 3:30!! I forgot to take pictures of the water until everyone had left!



If anyone is considering getting a pet, a cat specifically, please get two(littermates if possible). Several years ago we adopted sisters Ruby and Rosie together from our cousins and they are perfect together. I can't imagine how either of them would have gotten along without the other! Rosie is the most hateful animal I've ever known, we all would have been miserable with her alone. Ruby came with her because she'd had an accident and lost part of her tail. I felt bad for her and wanted to help her heal. She is the sweetest, most loving cat we've ever had and has bonded deeply with Sarah. However, if she'd been the only one we took I think she'd be very neurotic and a pain to deal with. Bringing both of them home has given them the best of both worlds, they have us and they have each other.



We adopted Jasper and Gypsy last January and again, I couldn't imagine either one of them without the other. Jasper is a scaredy cat and would have hidden under the furniture for months if he'd been here without Gypsy. She is the more loving of the two but he can be very affectionate at times. They, like Ruby and Rosie, spend hours sleeping side by side and grooming each other. Jasper has taken up the role of "mama" to Tallulah and now to Tibert(not Buster, sigh). Neither of them had siblings to come with so it is wonderful that Jasper has stepped up to nurture them.

And last but not least...

I found THIS in the cabinet above the microwave! I think it is a sweet potato.



And for Pit...

3 comments:

Anet said...

When I read the first sentence I thought maybe you were talking about a patch to quit smoking. I wouldn't think of you as a smoker!

I agree about the pairs of cats. Right now we have the third wheel and he is upsetting the cart.
He thinks he's king.
Have a good weekend!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

That potato made me laugh. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who sometimes finds unidentifiable foodstuffs.
Molly, please tell your mom I found her new blog and am looking forward to getting to know her through it. She has one of those deals that won't let me leave a comment. I still haven't figured that out, but every blog with that comment format won't let me comment.

Karen said...

So does that mean that Buster has a sibling to show up soon?

I think we made that mistake here, bringing only one cat with us to FL. She's now two years old and has a very wide mean streak. Never had a cat that didn't play with the dog like she was another cat and that just lashes out at people when she was just being a sweetie.