The kids and I had a full day of park and skate with the local homeschool groups. We got home around 4pm to find these precious babies in a flower pot next to the front porch, dry but their umbilical cords were still damp. It was 90 degrees today. Mama kitty nowhere to be found. We think she's a stray we've seen a few times, possibly feral, definitely not tame. She's probably not going to come back. I've got newborn formula for them but the black and white one isn't eating well and seems to be the weaker of the two. We are going out of town tomorrow for the weekend or this wouldn't be such a crisis. Fortunately I have someone to foster them over the weekend and possibly another person to take them til they are weaned. Provided they survive through the night with me.
Again...
PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!

4 comments:
Aww I did nto realize they were left on your porch and you had to feed the poor little babies! I hope they get stronger and make it!
You are a saint! And thank you for stating that important fact that too many don't ahere to. I hope the little cuties make it. Keep us posted.
Oh honey...this is STILL just breaking my heart...I'm so happy they found you for a little while anyway!
Oh, my. I just read your comment on my blog. I can't believe they were on the roof!! We've fed many a kitten with KMR and it's fun for a very. short. time.
Post a Comment