Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The clutter, the clutter!

As I sat staring at my desk this morning, I became horribly overwhelmed by the mess of it all. A water bottle, stacks of mail, aromatherapy bottles, balls of yarn, books, picture frames, stacks of music cds, a purse or three, dishtowels, magazines, make-up, drink coasters, paint cards, electronics, candy wrappers, dishes, change, quilt sundries, newspaper clippings, and more littered my beautiful wooden desk. It is crazy how cluttered it gets! That's why I was SO thrilled to receive this timely reminder today in my email.


You only have to do a little each day, Molly, to get a ton done. Ton done,
The Universe


I enjoy getting messages from "The Universe" but most of them are vague pep talks or more mental self-helpy stuff, not really a whole lot of how-to advice. This one hit like a ton of bricks, get it? TON. I have been putting off cleaning my desk because it looks like such a huge job! It really isn't if I break it up into little bits(in this case not a little each day, just little sections). I bet it can be done in less than 15 minutes, maybe even as I type this blog post!(ok, I saved the draft at 11:40am, got back to it at 2:45) So, it took 3 hours to get my desk 95% clean. I had a few rabbits to chase and such, like lunch, taking Ruby and Rosie outside to explore, getting the kids lined out with their chores, doing some dishes and so forth. Oh well. I did do a little at a time and now its decluttered!! Still need to dust and take some cosmetics back to my bathroom, but I'm happy.

In other news...

Tomorrow is our homeschool terrarium day!! I'm so excited! Someone is bringing plants, another mom is bringing potting soil, I've got river rocks and activated charcoal, and hopefully someone will bring the spaghnum moss. The camera batteries are charged so I'll have pictures to share! And some of my thrift store finds from Saturday I hope.

And a really, REALLY bad picture of what I've been working on. This isn't the best one as far as fit, its too narrow at the forehead and too long top to bottom. But its the only one I have a picture of.


(my own pattern in Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton)

1 comment:

Anet said...

My desk gets so cluttered, I think the cats mix it all up when I'm not looking.
Making terrariums with the homeschoolers sounds like fun.
We're making bottle rockets on Monday with our group.
I love your hat, really great colors!
I really need to make something other than scarves... it's really time to challenge myself a bit more.
Anet~