Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dinner last night....

I've got a 10 pound roll of ground turkey thawing in my fridge, waiting to be browned and packed back into the freezer. In the mean time I needed something quick and tasty and comforting. I turned to one of my favorite foodie bloggers, kickpleat, for some pizza inspiration* and wasn't disappointed! I love how she cooks and every recipe I've tried has been very tasty!!

We did this last night but in order to please the masses I threw on two leftover bbq chicken breasts, chopped up, and some red onion with the mozzerella. It seemed a little dry so, in famous Texas tradition, I added a drizzle of ranch dressing along with parmesan and red pepper flakes. The kitchen gods were watching out for me because I actually found the leftover piece wrapped in foil in the fridge! Since the kids cleaned the kitchen last night I was not expecting that to happen!

*when I say inspiration I mean that I didn't follow her crust recipe exactly. I guestimated my amounts of everything and added garlic and onion powders to the dough mixture. I also let it sit longer than she directs. Next time, which might be tonight or tomorrow, I'll try it her way just to see what difference it makes!

1 comment:

Eilleen said...

That pizza sounds great! I'll have to check out her blog too to get the recipe. :)