Friday, June 26, 2009

Saturday-ish...

No time for coherent posting today! Pool party with tons of teenagers, hot dogs, and so forth! But, I did want to share these loverly sites/blogs/what-have-yous.

Go NOW and read this!! Autumn is soooooo very wise!


Look here for beautiful inspiration.

My friend Sadira had the most magical of Mad Hatter Tea Parties!

And last but not least, here are some quick pics of our kitchen paint colors. It took forever but we've finally settled on most of the colors. The very farthest wall(above the doorway to the utility room and next to the fridge) will either a burnt orange or a rosy red magenta for an added pop. I'm very excited about these colors, they all just meshed this morning for some reason. Hopefully we'll hop right on this and finish by the first of September!


(kitchen view from the dining area)


(soffit color, a banana pepper green- this didn't photograph well, it isn't quite as intense as it looks here but is more yellowish)


(kitchen wall color, Chardonnay Bottle)


(dining room color, a Kilz color, Garden Glove, that I'll have to match in Valspar)

4 comments:

Chickenbells said...

Well. You know I'm all ABOUT The color by now...I am so thrilled to see what it's all going to look like when you're done! I'm sure you are too...I honestly wish I was closer, because I LOVE to paint and we'd whip this up in a weekend!!

Thank you so much for the shout out on the party...It was a blast to shoot!!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Happy 4th to all of you, Molly.

Mama Bee said...

Did you realize that our kitchens are laid out almost identical?
Except for the placement of the fridge...ours is on the right hand side closest to you at the end of the row of cabinets.
Now that we have finished painting our cabinets, we are embarking on walls. I have wracked my poor brain as to what to do with those darned soffits! (or fur-downs depending on your choice of vernacular!)

I wish I could knock mine down...but have been told that there is not telling what is behind them and that the ceiling would not match.
:(

Can't wait for your "after" photos!

shanna said...

Looks like you have alot of work ahead of you! Good luck, i cant wait to see the after pictures.