I'm not a summer person, typically I hate hot weather, the humidity of east Texas, the searing seatbelt buckles, and feeling like I've melted after a few minutes outside. This year I'm SO ready for summer I could scream!! For ice cream even!
Usually we've got our pool up and going by the end of April or first week of May. Our weather this spring has been so cool that it was just this past weekend that we even started the clean-out process. Never in a million years would I have expected it to be June before we swam. Crazy. And, after last year's fiasco with the liner replacement that began on April 1st and went til the filled it with water on July 12th, I am more than ready to be in the water!
We are very much looking forward to this...
And would like to do some of this...
Not sure when we'll get to the camping because there are things we need. Our tent is very old and the walls are breaking down, making it sticky and gritty. Being the princess that I am, gritty and sleeping don't work for me. Also, the boat motor is giving Mark fits. It will start and run just fine on the driveway but once its in water it doesn't stay on when he puts it in gear. It is fine for the boys to go up the road to fish for a few hours, they can use the trolling motor to get them around the stumpy fish habitats but I'd rather not have us all on the lake and have to row back in.
We sold our Suburban(with its huge roomy cargo area and removable back seat), and now have a small, very small, Jeep with a lot less room. I'm thinking we'll have to get something for the top to haul our gear. Or take less stuff. If we don't take the boat then we don't have to take tackle boxes or 5 life jackets, or fishing poles, etc, so that will help. There is a place that I'd love to visit but its several hours away. Check out The Woodland School for some great pics.
Amy asked me this morning when we could go. I don't know, I really don't, but soon... I hope.

No comments:
Post a Comment