Saturday, June 6, 2009

I am SO on a mission!!!

To get rid of my clutter!!! This is a serious, bonafide, sanctified, chicken-fried mission, no sissy stuff!!!

Yesterday I took 12 or so bags of clothing, toys, bedding, dishes and so forth to our local battered women's shelter.

Today I'm starting the gathering-up for a second run, trust me the above load was the tip of the iceberg. It will take me the week, I plan to go next Saturday to drop off.

I also have things for our city's bulk pick-up but that will have to be in two phases as they'll only take what will fit in the bed of a regular truck at one time. We've got a crappy desk, a 50-year-old refridgerator, a microwave, part of a baby bed, a tv cart, assorted bed pieces and lots more. That doesn't even count the stuff in the attic.

Now that Mark's job situation is "situated"(email me or leave a comment if you want the scoop, he doesn't want me posting it publicly) I can declutter in a more organized fashion and I plan to take full advantage of not having to move.

I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

What's up with you guys? Does Mark have a new job? Will you come and declutter my house too?

Betts said...

I took two big garbage bags to goodwill today. It's a liberating feeling to get rid of unwanted stuff. You go girl!