Monday, August 17, 2009

Caturday Cont....

After spending the early afternoon at the Pritchett OkraFest, we had to leave empty-handed okra-wise. Mark decided to head north to see if we could find any farmer's markets still open. We ended up near Pittsburg at Efurd Orchards. It was the perfect addition to the rest of our day and I highly recommend it to my east Texas peeps.

(click to biggify any picture)

(we lucked into a shady parking spot)


(right across from this awesome truck)


(and this, one of several, antique tractor)


(inside was warm but there were fans to keep us cool)


(lots of preserves)


(and fresh veggies)


(and peaches, which I'm regretting passing up)


(and moonshine syrup)


(Mark and Amy taking an ice cream break, peach and strawberry soft serve with fresh fruit)


(there were lots of rocking chairs for resting)


(Sarah and Ryan opted for real Dublin Dr. Peppers)


(love the color of this old ice cream freezer)


(would love this in my kitchen)

We ended up coming home with green beans, new potatoes, and several beautiful ripe tomatoes(of which we have less than half left). YUM!

In other news...

We still haven't got our pool swim-ready yet. Its not green but its very cloudy. Mark is going to try flocking it and see if the stuff will sink to the bottom. I'm not optimistic. It would be really nice to be able to swim a few times before the season is over. Hopefully we can get it resolved and the rains will hold off a few more weeks.

2 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

OkraFest looks like such fun. I'd give my eye teeth for that red truck.

Chickenbells said...

The okra fest sounded divine...I would have been in okra heaven and you would have had to lead me away in an okra stupor!