Friday, April 17, 2009

Yummy Pretzels!

We finally had a lull around here so I jumped in the kitchen and made Alton Brown's Homemade Soft Pretzels! Altered of course, subbing honey for the sugar and half whole wheat flour. My topping was regular table salt mixed with granulated garlic(not powder) and onion powder. I was out of kosher salt. They. Are. Spectacular. I'm on my forth one(I made mine small and got 2 dozen) already with spicy horseradish mustard.

The girls didn't get the camera batteries charged in time so enjoy the picture from the website, or at this lovely blog. Apparently I'm not the only one who loves them!

We're about to get a nasty storm so who knows what we'll do this afternoon. The girls cleaned the boys piggie cage so we don't have that many chores. Maybe I'll take them to the dreaded "Mall". Yah. and hoo.

3 comments:

Anet said...

Caleb would love these. Sometimes I feel like a bad mom, with my wheat allergy I just don't make goodies very often. It's a real bummer to make something good to eat and you can't eat any of it!
Hope you're feel better!

Anonymous said...

hey, aren't these pretzels amazing? I want to make more next week. Thank you for linking to my blog. Nice to "meet" you!

Chickenbells said...

Lordie...I love me some soft pretzels!!