Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Yesterday was a terrible day for breakable things at my house. Bright and early Tallulah knocked the dog food bowl off the counter and it shattered into a million shards. Then she was sleeping on the microwave and stretched out to push my favorite vintage crockery mixing bowl to the floor. It had another vintage bowl nested in it so two were lost at once. Later on Tibert jumped into my windowsill and caught his foot on a candle holder; sending it sailing. Lastly; he jumped onto a bookshelf and flipped an oval mirror off. I haven't lost so many things in the past 10 years!! Hopefully this will NEVER EVER EVER happen again!


(crock from Marshall Pottery)


Now I've got to protect these beauties from the cats! My brother got a nifty glass cutter from his girlfriend this Christmas. He finds bottles at their local recycling center/dump and can have as many as he can haul away. The beer bottle juice glasses are probably not dishwasher safe but that's ok. Three of the wine bottle coolers didn't survive the shipping and one juice glass broke but I have enough and he can always make more later. The blue ones are not mine but the green and brown ones are(except for the green juice glass). I LOVELOVELOVE them!! The kids helped me unwrap them and now Ryan wants a cutter so he can make some.



(cobalt juice glasses)


(beer bottle juice glasses)


(wine bottle coolers/iced tea glasses)

5 comments:

clickmom said...

Love those glasses. I wish I had a brother!

A Slice of the Pie said...

That's such a bummer about all the breakage. It always seems stuff like that happens in spurts.

I had never heard of cutting recycled bottles until you had posted it on fb. Then last week a fellow 4-H club leader brought in a gift she received from one of her club members. It was a candle made from a recycled-cut mini wine bottle.

autumnesf said...

I LOVE the glasses. Isn't it funny how something recycled like an ugly beer bottle can become something so pretty??

Awesome stuff! Kudos to your brother!

The WoodLand School said...

I'm so happy to see this post! I have a dust-collecting bottle cutter that I'm now inspired to use!

Mom2fur said...

Thanks for the birthday greeting! I hope yours was nice, too. I'm sorry your cats got into some trouble.
I not only have 2 cats but 2 ferrets--you want to talk about mischief makers? They're constantly stealing and hiding things. One has a thing for sponges--I found a stash of about 10 of them recently when I moved a crafts shelf. And if you add the chihuahua to the deal, this place is a zoo!