Monday, January 11, 2010

ICE

Sarah and Amy have had fun playing with ice this past week. Since we've had such whack-a-do freezing temps they've discovered things that would otherwise remain a mystery. Such as hammers frozen in ice filled buckets...



And frozen swimming pools...



Yesterday I told them about an artist I know named Margaret Oomen lives up north and has fun freezing objects in bowls and such to make beautiful, but temporary, art. We were going to go online and look but got busy doing other things. This morning when I took Sparkle out for her doggy time...




(Sparkle IS in this picture! Hint, she's in the round)

I saw the bowl and remembered Sarah telling me she had put some leaves and berries in it to freeze. I popped the ice out of the bowl and hung it on the fence so I could run get the camera. When I got back it had fallen and broke into 2 pieces but all was not lost...







5 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Neat ice art.

Missus Wookie said...

I like making ice bowls or ice plates although I've not done in ages. Keeps food cold!

Chickenbells said...

Beautiful temporary art indeed! THIS is a wonderful use for everything that comes out during frozee times, eh?

(oh! My word verification is "boing" !!!!)

clickmom said...

Pretty! I'm going to have my kids do one today! (watch, this cold snap will be over by noon)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh, I LOVE Sarah's artwork!!!

You'd think having lived in frozen climes MOST of my life, that I would have TRIED this by now - - - but I have NOT.

I think you've inspired me.