We went old school as far as our tools were concerned. Instead of fancy-schmancy cutting kits we used steak knives and a spoon to carve our beautiful white pumpkins. It was really fun and I think they turned out great!!
Our neighbor down the street has also caught the spirit. I LOVE her decorations!
I always wait til the last second to carve ours. Otherwise the squirrels will get them and there will be nothing but big chewed out holes for the big day. PS I think I just got insulted by your word verification.
I am a crazy cat lady, a fierce mama bear, a soulmate, a lover of nature and life...
I have many irons in the fire so I'm not real deep here, just jotting things down for myself. Depending on which blog you are reading, you will find pictures, ramblings, quotes, and/or recipes. You are most welcome to follow along as I go.
5 comments:
Love the white pumpkins! That star carving won my heart -- what a clever idea :-)
We always use kitchen utensils to carve with. They just work better.
I love the kids designs and the white pumpkins. Very cool!
Your blog looks spooktacular!
I always wait til the last second to carve ours. Otherwise the squirrels will get them and there will be nothing but big chewed out holes for the big day.
PS I think I just got insulted by your word verification.
haha clickmom! I am frequently insulted or amused by veriwords, lol.
Anet, the knives are much more satisfying, imo.
I love the white pumpkins too and they were only 50 cents a pound!! We roasted the seeds with seasonings and have devoured them!
Mol
Very cute little guys! I have YET to get to the darned Pumpkin Patch here...I keep getting thwarted...
Post a Comment