Today we are going to carve apples* to dry for Halloween! We did these several years ago and they were soooo creepy. I hope it isn't too humid this time around. They tend to mold if its too moist. We might start the process in the oven on low heat. I plan on taking pics soon.
We are finished with the living room carpet removal and have even got the tack boards up!! We have the hallway and the girls' room to go. Most of the furniture is back into place but not exactly where I want it. Now we have to choose a color for the floor paint. Mark and I are leaning toward red but not a maroon red. We'd like something bold but not garish. Right now we're thinking about taking up the linoleum in the entry hall and kitchen/dining/utility rooms. At least those rooms have less furniture!
Because of the mess I still don't have my computer up. The plug we have to use for the power strip will NOT stay plugged in. I think we need a new outlet box. There is really only one place my computer can go so it may be a while before I'm back and able to share easily. The girls computer is very quirky even without the shift and comma keys messing up. I don't like using it. Hopefully soooooon sooooon.
Today I'm headed back to our dairy because the runner this week is down with the flu(I'm assuming; her whole family has been stricken). I love driving out there but today is dreary and damp; not nearly as pretty as a sunny day would be. Oh well at least it isn't 90 like tomorrow is supposed to be.(the comma key isn't working either so ignore the semi-colons).
I have 8 specific tasks to complete in my bedroom today. Including moving some stuff out to make room for our china hutch. One of the glass sides got knocked out years ago(before it was ours) and the cats love getting inside to wreak havoc. In our room I can put the open side up against a wall to keep my pretties safer.
It is also church night which means running to pick up Ryan's girlfriend before dropping them off at their youth thing(held at an old movie theater inside our town's mall) and then taking the girls to their activities at a different church. I'm going to find out about signing them up to eat at the church before their stuff starts. They feed the workers and anyone else who needs a meal. The activities start at 6pm which doesn't leave most of us with a decent chance of feeding kids before they have to be there. I think its $5 a meal paid in advance. Anyway they'd be fed and I wouldn't have to worry about it. What we're doing now isn't working; Ryan doesn't get out of his thing til 9 and we have to take the g/f home. Its 9:45 before we eat sometimes. Heck I may sign myself up to eat with the girls too!
*for some bizarre reason I can't use my shift key to put in a link here. This is the website for the shrunken apple heads: http://the-artful-crafter.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-make-ghoulish-shrunken-heads.html

3 comments:
What a busy schedule!
We've done the shrunken head apples for a few years now, and they are always so much fun!
Kel
The apples sound neat-I'm going to check them out!
It sounds like there's a lot going on over there...it must be that time of year, eh? I can't wait to see the floors either!!
Post a Comment