And loving it!! There are small pieces from 3 closets left but the rest is gone, gone, gone! Mark took up the tack boards in the living room but they're still down in the hallway, our bedroom and the girls' room. We are still not sure if we want paint or stain. There are some major dark chocolate stains in the living room, probably from woodwork my dad did when building the house. If it doesn't come up we'll just have to prime over and paint. We are also trying to decide if we want to take up the linoleum in the kitchen/dining/utility rooms and entry hall. It makes more sense to do it all at once but it is a lot of work! It would be nice to have this all done by Thanksgiving but I'm not holding my breath. With Mark working an hour away our evenings are kinda short, weekends are pretty busy too. Furniture will have to be moved out, the entire area will need swept, mopped, vacuumed, and the concrete will need prepped with chemicals. I'll try and get pictures from each step and post our mishaps as well.
In other news...
My brother has been learning to kayak over the past few months and has bought a camera to film his adventures. Here's part of his latest trek.
It is raining like crazy here, expecting up to 2 inches, more in some areas. I'll be willing to bet we've already had our 2 inches here! I can't recall a wetter autumn that didn't include a hurricane or two. Our front yard is a lake and was yesterday too!
I'm working on a new crochet project, another afghan! Just plain half-double stitches but in gorgeous fallish colors from I Love This Yarn put out by Hobby Lobby. Pix later. I'm also working on basting a quilt so I can get started hand quilting it in November.

4 comments:
Molly - that quilt is gorgeous. I like painted floors, but I am also enjoying my lino :)
I vote for staining! It makes the concrete so pretty...and I have always wanted to learn to kayak! Of course, if I can't stop falling I'm not too sure how safe it would be for me ;)
When I read kayaking I thought "Oh I kayak!" and then I looked at the video and saw he was doing it in rough water (as opposed to me on a still lake) and now I want to go down a river too! Looks fun!
If I ever get to Texas you have to give me crafting lessons. Making something that comforts is such a lovely way to share yourself.
I have wanted to rip out our carpet for ... ummm ... 5 years now! I think your post might have finally inspired me to actually *do* it! :-) I can't wait to see what you end up doing ...
Post a Comment