Monday, September 7, 2009

Apples don't fall far...

My kids are taking after me in ways I'd sometimes rather they did not. This is a water snake of some kind that had been about to enjoy a meal of bullfrog... Until Ryan yanked it from the water and stuck it in this bucket. It measured about 33 inches long. They did release it after an hour or so, it was too aggressive for them to hold.
(click any image to see it bigger)


Remember this cutie pie that I found in the woods back in early April?...



He has turned into a giant hair-eating monster!!!


**
And his cohorts have taken up all the good places to sit.


**

In other news...

We've decided to start on the carpet next weekend. We found the tools we'll need and have been encouraged by other folks' successes. I think we're going to paint the kitchen this week, at night. I've also got plants to pot and some yardwork to get done during the days. Fun, Fun!!

** taken with Mark's phone camera.

2 comments:

Chickenbells said...

oh those kitties! They are just wonderful...and with a hair eater around, I can only imagine how much you save on barber bills...it's like you're own kitty Flow-bee!

And hold on...what are you doing with the carpet? Did I miss something?

jeanne said...

Oh Molly, that snake looks like it might be a poison snake. Tell your kids to stay away from a snake like that. I'll probably have a nightmare. LOL

the kitty looks so innocent. cute too. How can that be bad??? Big smile.

Molly come over I am having a giveaway. I think you might like it.

Are you getting mew carpet? You are one busy family.

Hugs...Jeanne