I'm now on meds for anxiety and reflux. Nothing is wrong with my heart at all, thank God. I'll be seeing my doctor in a few weeks to follow up. AND starting my yoga back up!!!

One family delayed by snow storm, CHECK.
My parents got about 17 inches of snow the weekend before they were to travel to our place! It was amazing to look at but had them unable to get down their driveway for several days.
(the horrid cat who loves nobody but his mama)
One nasty unprovoked cat bite, CHECK.
Tibert bit the crap out of my dad. He also bit Aaron a few times. I think he was very out of sorts with all the company, a new puppy-sister, Christmas goings on and so forth. He's never met my family and isn't used to so much activity.
Several crazy shopping days scoring lots of great thrift store goodies, CHECK.
I got some Christmas junk and two gorgeous vintage eelskin purses(pink doctor's bag for spring and a maroonish brown for fall), and some wool.(pics later when I find my new card reader again)
(girls ready to open presents)
(Sarah's Snuggi-wrap, she LOVES it despite her expression)
Many nice gifties for everyone, CHECK.
We did family gifts this year and got a nice rug for our concrete living room floor and a convection-toaster oven. The kids cleaned up with electronics, Mark and Ryan got cologne, and the girls got lots of clothes and such.
Crochet lessons for my mom, CHECK.
She is learning, slowly but surely. Being left-handed makes it difficult for me to coach her along though.
Delish tortilla soup, CHECK.
3 ckn breasts(boneless/skinless), cute in 3/4 inch cubes
1 bell pepper
1 onion
2 cans pinto beans, drained and well rinsed
1 can no-salt tomatoes(diced)
1 tsp cumin, chili powder, garlic powder
1/4 tsp chipotle powder
3/4 cup brown rice
8-10 cups of water
Brown veggies and ckn til pink is gone, add water, spices, beans, rice, and tomatoes. Cook over med-low heat for about 45 minutes. Serve with cheese and sour cream over tortilla chips.
Two huge batches of my special Honey Mustard/Deviled Party Mix, CHECK.
I make a large roaster pan full of this, using almost all of each box of cereal, plus nuts and pretzel twists. Mine has Quaker Oat Squares too. I used 2/3 stick of butter, about 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 3-4 tablespoons olive oil, generous sprinkles of garlic and onion powder, 1/4 cup honey, several good squirts of mustard(spicy if you've got it), and a dash of cayenne. It was inhaled.
Dozens of snuggles with a cute puppy, CHECK.
(Aaron and Sparkle, she was a huge hit!)
It was a crazy, hectic but fun Christmas celebration this year at the Sonier Casa and I wish my family didn't have to leave so soon!!

3 comments:
Well what a whirlwind holiday indeed...but a fun one in which you were able to check a lot of things off your list? Fantastic! Except for the kitty biting and the hospital trip...ho ho ho, eh?
Wow! This is quite a holiday update! I'm so happy to hear your heart is healthy ... that must have been a scary ordeal for you.
Stay well ... and enjoy the puppy :-)
Wow, all kinds of stuff going on.
First of all, for teaching lefties, just sit facing each other and pretend you're looking in a mirror. (My daughter is a leftie and my sis taught her to knit this way.)
Secondly, I did a little write up about an herb called Trikatu on my site. Make sure to check with your doctor before you take it, but using it has kept me off of the daily meds that my doctor wanted to put me on for my acid reflux. And I also give it to my kids for tummy aches and it works like a champ. (It's an Ayurvedic herbal combination with super spicy peppers.)
Post a Comment