But first a product plug!! My bloggy pal Autumn posted about a lip balm challenge over at Great Cakes Soapworks and I was chosen to test out one of her lip butters!! We opted for the Coconut Mango flavor and it is fantastic! It stays on forever, doesn't melt and slide off, it tastes great, doesn't make your throat dry(I can't be the only one to experience this with lip balm can I?), it smells SCRUMPTIOUS, and feels like silk! I plan to order an assortment of the yummy flavors she's got available(Vanilla Latte, Orange Creamsicle, Cinnamon Bun, Limeade,...) for stocking stuffers.
I think I'll even get one of the Lava Lip Gloss rollers because I would LOVE to be 13 again!
Now, onto the weekend...
Mark told me to wear shoes I could clomp around the woods in so I put on my Vasque hiking boots for the first time. They are a bit stiff but otherwise very warm and sturdy, LOVE them!
We drove over the river and through the woods to Danville Farms. We've been getting our trees from them for several years now and are never disappointed.
As luck would have it, I forgot to take the camera on our tree search but here is the shaking and binding station.
While Mark and Ryan were doing this...
Sarah and I warmed up by the fire.
Then it was time to go.
I managed to get the lights on and the girls put a few ornaments on late last night.
(its about 10 feet tall)
Before I forget, I got crafty last week and made some cone trees!! I don't know why I decided to do these, can't recall where I'd seen them. I figured out a pattern, found some online to look at and went for it! They turned out pretty cute, in my opinion! Hopefully the craft bug will continue to bite me, I have some ideas...
In other news....
Sarah rudely interrupted my "meeting Lisa Whelchel" dream with her barfing this morning. Mark and I have the queasies so it looks like the stomach bug is paying us a visit. Hopefully it will be short-lived and mild. I'd much rather have the crafty bug than the oogie bug. Sigh.

5 comments:
The boots look great...envious. The tree is so beautiful....a tradition we don't have but would love to some day.
And I got one of the lip butters also and LOVE it. I tried the limeaide and its smells sooooo good!
I assume that your header is your family room all decked out for Christmas, and let me just say - - - it looks fabulous!
It was a Christmas past Keetha, maybe 2-3 years ago. Now the tree is on the opposite side of the room and we don't have carpet! I haven't got the fireplace decked out yet because the cats have figured out how to get on the mantle. We'll have to do plush toys only up there! I can't wait to have it all done though, it will look festive!
Molly
The tree is lovely indeed! I haven't had a "real" tree since the last time I had one and it dried out so bad I thought it would spontaneously combust and burn the house down in a firey holiday ball of crazy...and we were renting, so it was too much of a risk...I'll bet your house smells divine. Well, except for all the barfing.
I hope you all feel better soon!
What a great tree!
Hope everyone stays healthy.
Oh yes, I like your cone trees. Very cute:)
awww.... my verification word is
bless
Bless you Molly!
Post a Comment