Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Food!!!!

I dislike the term "stealing" when it comes to these things. Lets just say I am "borrowing" this from Anna and leave it at that.

How do you like your eggs?
I rarely eat breakfast out. I have never found any restaurant eggs that I liked at all. At home I eat eggs 2-3 times a week. Usually over-easy and runny, cooked in real butter, but sometimes I scramble them. I eat them with ciabatta or an English muffin.

How do you take your coffee/tea?
Being a Texan and a Southerner you'd think I would drink sweet iced tea but I don't. I drink UNsweet iced tea, decaf only.

Favorite breakfast food?
Cold pizza hands down. Or, if you mean "real" breakfast food, then biscuits and ham gravy(although I rarely make this meal). I love reading about breakfasts from other cultures because they are mostly all about the savory and spicy. Sweet stuff that early in the day makes me sick to my stomach.

Peanut butter: Smooth or crunchy?
Extra crunchy! I have to have something in it to chew or I'll gag.

What kind of dressing on your salad?
I love ranch but don't eat it often. Mostly I make my own from olive oil and raspberry balsamic vinegar with seasonings. If I have a lemon it is that much better!

Coke or Pepsi?
Here in Texas its all "coke" to us! Just like asking for a Kleenex will get you anything from a Puffs Plus to a napkin from Dairy Queen dug out from the bottom of someone's purse or glove box. You have to specify what KIND of coke you want, Pepsi, Sprite, Dr. Pepper, Mr. Pibb, or Mountain Dew. I'd prefer Dr. Pepper please, but I'll drink whatever we have. I'd rather have my tea though and tend to take it with me when I'm out(but not to restaurants).

You're feeling lazy, what do you make?
Our lazy meals are usually baked potatoes with butter, cheese and sour cream(and scallions if we have them) or easy tostadas with canned refried beans, cheese, and salsa.

You're feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order?
We don't order pizza but occasionally will get a pepperoni from Little Caesar's. I really love homemade but rarely remember to start dough.

You feel like cooking. What do you make?
Enchiladas, spaghetti, stir fry, a casserole or skillet dish. I love to cook but don't have as much time to do so as when the kids were little(we are in the car too often these days). I don't really follow recipes, mainly just get inspiration from them and do things my own way.

Do any foods bring back good memories?
I used to eat Cheetos with a friend of mine in elementary school, pretty much til the bag was gone. I remember my grandmother's big family lunches with fried okra and squash, fried chicken, green beans, fresh tomatoes and rolls. Oh my. And tacos at home, I would start the meat cooking before my parents got home from work.

Do any foods bring back bad memories?
No, not really.

Is there a food you refuse to eat?
I am not sure. It isn't like I'm confronted with weird stuff to eat. I can't think of anything I really don't like.

What was your favorite food as a child?
Kraft mac and cheese! I still love it.

Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like?
As a small child I didn't like tomatoes but love them now.

Favorite junk food?
Potato chips

Do you have any weird food habits?
My normal is some other person's weird and vice versa. I don't like syrup on my pancakes, is that weird?

Favorite dessert?
Oh gosh, I really don't love sweets all that much. I'd probably have to say birthday cake or brownies with ice cream appeal to me more than cheesecake or pudding or pies, usually anyway.

No comments: