Friday, March 19, 2010

Something new...

but first...


(Jasper with his darling pink nose being his cutie-pie self)

And now...

Several days ago an idea popped into my head. No idea where it came from but I knew I had to act immediately to put it in motion. These are my latest creations.... beaded crocheted necklaces and bracelets! They go together in minutes(about 15 total) and are super easy. I make them big enough to slip over the head so I don't have to put in a hook or closure but I plan to make some chokers too.



(pics taken with Amy's camera phone and not edited at all- sorry so blurry and washed out)




So far I've made 20 necklaces and 2 bracelets out of white, teal, red and black threads but plan to add a rainbow multi, marigold, and pink(among other colors) this weekend. My mom is going to send me a few handfuls of beads since I can't find what I'm looking for at our local Hobby Lobby or Michael's. They used to carry tubes that were color-themed but varied in shape and size. Now all I can find is assorted(very muted) colors in the tubes. Luckily I had a pretty decent stash to plow through because these them!

In other news...

I've been sick for over a week with a NASTY sore throat and sinus problems. Ugh! It is better today but definitely not gone. Last night Sparkle and Tallulah slept on either side of me, I think they knew I didn't feel good.

I've got to put my beans on to soak tonight! Homesick Texan's Ranch Style Beans are on my mind, been wanting to make them for a week now but haven't felt like it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be icky and rainy so it will be perfect weather for beading and bean eating. Mark has another 5K race. He won his age group last weekend and was 14th over all out of 200+. His friend, who is running because of Mark's encouragement, won his age group too(30somethings) and was 3rd over all!!! Hopefully they'll do well this time out too.

If I feel well enough we'll texture the walls on Sunday. I'm SO ready to paint!!!
If I feel up to it we'll texture the dining room walls on Sunday. I hope I do because I'm S

3 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Jasper is so cute! He looks like my cat Nutmeg, who is also a black-and-white Tuxedo. Nutmeg is a girl and has a 'sister' who is a tortoise-shell tabby. She is almost 10 but still a kitten in my eyes.
I love your jewelry! So...I guess you crochet and then work beads into it? What a clever idea.
To tell you the truth, I'm glad my clasps are hidden by my hair. I'm stll working on the whole crimping thing. I figure, though, as long as the necklaces don't fall apart, I'm okay.
I hope you feel better soon!
Oh, and thanks for visiting my blog!

Keetha Broyles said...

And how creative of you to hang them from the chandelier!!!

:-)

Chickenbells said...

I hope you feel better soon..but until then, look at all of your sweet creations!! You've been so busy...